We Build Websites
Our core business is web design and development. It’s our passion – what we enjoy the most. Sure we offer other complementary services – but we see these more as periphery solutions.
No two websites are ever the same, and whilst they may share common design principles and technologies, we prefer to treat every project as though it was our first.
Rather than forcing our clients to use off-the-shelf packages made to do this, that and the other; we prefer to offer tailored solutions that meet your exacting needs.
To help you understand some of my more common design scenarios, we have compiled this short list:
- A new business wants their first website
- An existing business wants their website refreshed
- An existing business wants a complete website overhaul, starting fresh
- A company likes their website but wants to get more from it, to make it “earn its keep“
- An organisation has built a website themselves (often with website builders) but needs help to tidy-up the loose ends
- A company wants a landing page for their new product/service
Our Design Methodology
Whilst every website is different, we try and stick to a common process – this helps to identify potential problems before they happen.
This methodology is constantly evolving as we meet more businesses and discover new tools. The underlying principle is clear communication in a relaxed, yet professional, manner. If at any stage we have a concern, we’ll get in contact and discuss it with you rather than going down the wrong path:
- We have an introductory chat about the client’s requirements over email/telephone/Skype.
- We go away and think things through, then meet the client (if possible) and have an open face-to-face discussion, offering our recommended approach to their requirements.
- Next we set-up an online project management system so we can collaborate at every level, communication really is essential for both parties.
- We then prepare some wireframes, and a style guide, to show the client how the website will function, what the design will look like and how the site will be structured.
- Then, and only if everything is agreed, will we start the build. We either build a site from scratch or leverage existing applications and pre-made templates to accelerate development (this is usually based on budget and timescale).
- Once the foundations are built we sit down again with the client and confirm the website is to their satisfaction. We often ask friends, family, and customers to comment – you can never have enough pairs of eyes at this crucial stage.
- When the copy (content) has been approved and added to the site we fit the images. It is important that images are contextual, and that they look professional. We can source high-quality stock images from our preferred libraries, or you can provide your own. All images will be highly optimised so that they load fast and help, wherever possible, with the site’s search engine ranking.
- Then we sit down again with the client, show the completed site and discuss ways in which it could be improved. This often results in developing both a short term and long term and long term plan.
- Depending on the previous step, we do a final polish and launch the website.
- After the launch we continue to monitor the website for a month, making sure it is working effectively and to introduce it to the main search engines. We will often recommend sites to crosslink with, thus giving your site greater authority in search results.
As we mentioned above, we try to establish a long-term plan for your website. Remember that a website should continue to evolve with the business and always be kept current. Keeping your website fresh with regular blog posts and/or company news will also help with your search engine rankings and customer engagement levels.
We also offer a website update and maintenance service for companies who do not have the internal resource needed to keep their website up-to-date.