We Build Websites
We see modern web design as a complementary fusion of business and technology disciplines. It’s one thing being able to plan, design and build a website; but its quite another to see the much broader picture. To be able to maintain the website efficiently, to integrate it with social media, to keep it search engine friendly, to meet and comply with business regulations – the list can seem endless at times!
No two websites are ever the same, and whilst they may share common design principles and technologies, we prefer to treat every project as though it was our first.
Our Design Methodology
Whilst every website is different, we try and stick to a common process – this helps us to identify potential problems and to make better suggestions.
This methodology is constantly evolving as we meet more businesses and discover new tools. The underlying principle is clear communication in a relaxed, yet professional, manner. If at any stage we have a concern, we’ll get in contact and discuss it with you rather than going down the wrong path:
- We have an introductory chat about the client’s requirements over email/telephone/Skype.
- We go away and think things through, then meet the client (if possible) and have an open face-to-face discussion, offering our recommended approach to their requirements.
- Next we set-up an online project management system so we can collaborate at every level, communication really is essential for both parties.
- We then prepare some wireframes, and a style guide, to show the client how the website will function, what the design will look like and how the site will be structured.
- Then, and only if everything is agreed, will we start the build. We either build a site from scratch or leverage existing applications and pre-made templates to accelerate development (this is usually based on budget and timescale).
- Once the foundations are built we sit down again with the client and confirm the website is to their satisfaction. We often ask friends, family, and customers to comment – you can never have enough pairs of eyes at this crucial stage.
- When the copy (content) has been approved and added to the site we fit the images. It is important that images are contextual, and that they look professional. We can source high-quality stock images from our preferred libraries, or you can provide your own. All images will be highly optimised so that they load fast and help, wherever possible, with the site’s search engine ranking.
- Then we sit down again with the client, show the completed site and discuss ways in which it could be improved. This often results in developing both a short term and long term and long term plan.
- Depending on the previous step, we do a final polish and launch the website.
- After the launch we continue to monitor the website for a month, making sure it is working effectively and to introduce it to the main search engines. We will often recommend sites to crosslink with, thus giving your site greater authority in search results.
As we mentioned above, we try to establish a long-term plan for your website. Remember that a website should continue to evolve with the business and should always be kept as fresh as possible.
We also offer a website update and maintenance service for companies who do not have the internal resource needed to keep their own website up-to-date.